Thursday, August 30, 2007

First day of school....








The night before school started was the worst day of our lives. I was in a meeting with Cami's volleyball coaches when all of the phone calls came pouring in. Everyone needed to talk with me and I knew it wasn't going to be good news! I left the meeting to find out that my mom had a tumor on her brain. Talk about shock...As I went back into the meeting, I sat down and from then on everything was a fog. I don't remember one thing that was discussed in the meeting. All I wanted to do was get out of there. We had a family meeting with Marianne, Neil, Jared and me to discuss the situation and make plans to get to Oregon....By the time I got home it was 9:00 p.m. Earlier that day was an open house where the kids got their school supply list. Luckily a friend of mind knew the situation and her husband left for an office supply store to get his own kids supplies. She called him and he was able to pick up the major things for me and then Neil took Cami and Bradi to our local grocery store to find the rest. Needless to say it was a late night. Bill was out of town and Cami and Bradi slept with me. Neil came into my bedroom and sat on my chair and we all cried together! It was a sad experience and Cami and Bradi didn't get to sleep until about 12:30 p.m.



2 comments:

Leslee said...

It's about time you updated! What have you been doing?!:)

Candace said...

I really love how Cami's shoes match her shirt, that's so cool! Where did you get those shoes? I might have to come by sometime and steal them for a little while.