Sunday, October 21, 2007

The Surprise...NYC



Marianne and I about 6 months ago decided it would be fun to surprise Cami and Whitney for their 16th Birthday. FINALLY the day came that it was time to kidnap them...We told them that we were going shopping for UEA weekend. We got them up early ready to shop and pulled over on the side of the road to pretend that we needed directions. We then gave them each a present to open up. The video explains it all!!!! This was the best kept secret for 6 months........





















To add one more surprise to the girls, Julee and Shalyse met us in the SLC airport and went with us for fun! They jumped out in front of us at the gate and Cami and Whitney screamed. I have to say that Julee and Shalyse definately livened up our trip. They have such funny personalities that they kept us laughing! The only thing missing was my mom (which was supposed to come with us) and Leslee (my other sister-in-law). It would of been even better with them:(

We had the best time in NYC. We went to wicked on Saturday night. Cami and I had already seen it, but it was fun to see everyone else's expressions during the show...
















I think my favorite part of New York was China town. We bought so much stuff. ie-fake Gucci, Prada, Dulce and Gabanna, coach, Louis Vuitton and Channel stuff. We also bought the cutest pair of Juicy Couture sweats, purses, and jewelry. I think that Cami and Whitney were in hog heaven being able to afford all of that awesome stuff. We also loaded up on hats and Jewelry, which by the way look super real! They show you all of the Tiffany and Co. stuff in their catalogs and then pull out their exact replica that truly looks identical. Here is a picture of me with all of my loot! (Thanks to Shalyse, she was showing us how to find identical things like Chanel Sunglasses....)


















We decided to take the girls to Planet Hollywood for dinner one of the nights and they sang Happy Birthday and put them on the jumbo tron. We later walked to the Empire State Building and Cami and Whitney rode to the top. One of the highlights of the trip was seeing the Temple and watching Larry King and his wife walk in to go to church. (They also hold church services there).

Another fun thing that we did was walk over to Rockefeller Center where they always put up the famous Christmas Tree. We saw all of the ice-skaters on the plaza and went over to where the TODAY show is filmed. Shalyse and Whitney were pounding on the window to the crew that were setting up for the next mornings show. They begged if we could come in. Sure enough they let all of us in. I sat in Matt Lauers chair and also pretended to work the Camera. We thought we were the coolest. I posed with some famous designers blazers that were going to be talked about on the next days show.....(see below)



We loved taking the Subway. I know that sounds wierd, but nothing ever took very long to get too. We took it over to the 911 Disaster, where the World Trade Centers were. They still have it all roped off and there is still rubble that they are picking up. It was a humbling experience and their was a certain peace you felt there. We then walked over to Battery Park so we could see the Statue of Liberty.





We did alot of walking everywhere. We took the girls over to Central Park and walked around trying to find any celebrities. We didn't see any, but had a good time. We took lots of pictures of us on the bridge...






















Our hotel was the Crowne Plaza Times Square. It was right next to the Hersheys store. We had a great old time pretending to drink straight chocolate syrup! Look at Shalyse...always an actress..


I told Bill that for our 20th anniversary in July I want to go back! Everyone start saving your money and go with us!!!!!

10 comments:

Shalyse said...

it was THE funnest trip ever, you guys are too aweseome. All I got for my 16th birthday was a surprse party at Skate Palace! Cami and Whitney are so lucky...start saving your $ cuz you have 3 more girls to take on their 16th (can I come then too??) :) seriously..thanks for letting me join you, it was so much freakin fun!!! my favorite pic is you will all your crap!!! HAHAHA

Mama Mia said...

Looks so fun! What a great idea! Your girls are so lucky! I bet planning that surprise was fun! Can I go shopping with you and the girls...looks like you find the good stuff!

My Boys and Me said...

Isn't NY the funnest place ever. You guys look like you had a blast. Did you get any sleep??? Next time you go can I come? I love shopping. Especially for bargains.

jojoba said...

I'm jealous. I, like Shalyse, got a surprise party for my 16th birthday. I'm glad you all had fun!

Anonymous said...

you said you were only missing leslie and grandma. what about your darling niece amylia??

Brian said...

Did you go to NYC again? I thought that you went in October? How fun. Oh.. wait, this is the same post you have had for a long time.

Good for you on keeping up with the blog. I know that you are busy and it is good to see that you make time to update this.

Brian said...

Did you go to NYC again? I thought that you went in October? How fun. Oh.. wait, this is the same post you have had for a long time.

Good for you on keeping up with the blog. I know that you are busy and it is good to see that you make time to update this.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Placa de VĂ­deo, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://placa-de-video.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

New post please, Did you die?

Anonymous said...

Hey Janette!! Totally random, but I was looking at friends blogs and somehow found yours! How the heck are you? I can't believe you have 4 kids, and I can't beleive that Cami is 16! I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I don't know if she remembers me but tell her I'm praying for her. I would love to hear from you, here is my email so I don't take up your whole blog: drlawnboy@hotmail.com By the way it's me Jamielyn (Lamb) Hopefully you remember me? :)